She Hath Done What She Could in the Home

Monday, February 11, 2008

Using what is in the pantry granola bars........


I have had this recipe for a long time from The Country Baker (page down until recipe number 8) and it's always good!  I prefer to leave the chocolate off the top - we just enjoy the peanut butter and grains.  

I am currently in a deal with my kids - if they refuse sugar for a month, I will give them each $10.  They have done a great job so far- at church they have turned down every snack, cookie and Capri Sun.  On Sunday mornings at church, they refuse the doughnuts!  I think it's interesting that last time I made these granola bars, they could have cared less.  At the time I'm sure I had some Trader Joe's Joe-Joes around, or some M&M's.  This time, they can NOT get enough of these - they say they are delicious!  Could it be that since they are off the sugar, even the smallest sweet becomes a treat?  I'm hoping so!  This recipe calls for 2 cups of raw sugar - I don't even use 1 whole cup of organic raw evaporated cane juice and they are plenty sweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment