She Hath Done What She Could in the Home

Friday, September 12, 2008

A tangible reminder to "Live in the Moment"!


I took my little 8 year old daughter to ROSS tonight to buy a Harajuku purse she put on hold.  She used her own money to buy it - it's darling - it says "Cuckoo for Harajuku" and has Cuckoo Clocks all over it.  I have a larger one in the same pattern  -too cute! Matching mother & daughter!  I have to smile to myself as each day when I get dressed for the day, my little shadow takes a look at me, and she comes out of her room matching my ensemble for the day- and she will say, "Look Mom, we match, down to our earrings!"  I can only pray that she will continue to hold me in such high regard as she gets older. 

While we were at ROSS I found THE neatest watch - and it totally reminded me of NieNie!  It is red, and has an animated birdie on it flying from one side of the screen to the other.  First it starts out large, then gets smaller as it flies into the distance.  I think of NieNie and her positive spirit and how she has touched so many lives in such a short time. I think of all the inspiration she has provided for mothers everywhere who are trying their best to live each day to the fullest with their children.  Since it is a watch, each time I look at it I will be reminded to "redeem the time"  and to "live in the moment", taking each daily opportunity to influence my children positively and for eternity.  

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled on your site while looking for the scripture...She hath done what she could. It so made me smile. Your daughter is priceless and you are obviously a good mom. Keep praying for her sweetness. It does get lost sometimes. My own sweet girl will turn 18 soon and still expresses her love to all around her. Your are blessed and so am i...Thank the Lord.

    ReplyDelete