She Hath Done What She Could in the Home

Monday, March 23, 2009

Giddy with excitement over my new pan!!

DH and I were in ROSS the other day looking for new sunglasses to fit into my new "downsized" purse (more on that later!) when lo and behold I found a Calphalon 5 quart hard-anodized saute pan in the box just sitting there.  Upon inspection I could find no price, but I said to DH - "Let's take it to the register and ask" - so we did!  The clerk inspected the pan for a price as well and couldn't find one - then he looked in a little code book and said "I could sell it to you for $13.99."  DH looked at me and said "Do you still want it?"  hahhahaha  - good one DH!  

Immediately after I got home I googled it and found that my pan goes for $249 on Cooking.com!  Don't I think I'm smart stuff now!  I'll have you know that tonight, after working an 8 hour day, while sick, I thought I'd pull my Superwoman routine and cook supper in my fancy new pan! So I got out my 8 cube steaks I paid only $3.50 for due to my fabulous coupon run at Safeway this weekend and cooked up 'em up just right.  (Must be the pan b/c usually I really cook meat until it's like leather - ya know, afraid of E.Coli and all that jazz.) Then I soaked it a bit and the crusty mess on the bottom came right out! What do you know - all for a mere $13.99.  I'll put these right up there with my cheapo Lodge Enamelware! Emeril, look out - BAM!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment