She Hath Done What She Could in the Home

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spinach is $1 at Safeway starting tomorrow!

I used to do a Safeway post each week about the great buys I got there. Back at that time, I was into healthy eating, but after watching Food Inc. and Fresh the Movie, it's harder to find good deals in the Safeway flyer! But occasionally, there are blog-worthy deals and this week it's the main ingredient for Green Smoothies! Fresh Express Spinach is $1 a bag! Green Smoothies are such an easy way to get more greens and nutrients into our bodies. I try to buy organic spinach when I can, but when this sale comes along, I stock up on the regular. Making a GS for a family of 5 uses one entire bag, so I welcome a deal!
Another great buy in this week's flyer is a 5 pound box of Cuties for $3.97! Two Cuties have only 80 calories but are full of Vitamin C, Folate, Potassium and 4 grams of Fiber! This week's Safeway price reprents a $6.02 savings per box! My kids love these for on the go snacks!
Celestial Seasonings Teas are $2 per box this week. With my Adrenal Fatigue and Perimenopause, I try to avoid caffeine, so this Roobios Tea has saved me! The Madagascar Vanilla is my favorite with a spot of creme! It's hard to find though, but I'm going to go searching to stock up at this price!


What good sales did you notice in this week's flyer?

1 comment: