She Hath Done What She Could in the Home

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Live like we're dying


The words of Kris Allen's song really get to me. Essentially he is saying we need to be good stewards of our time on earth because we don't know what our future holds and we need to take advantage of TODAY. No one is promised tomorrow. James 4:14 says "our life is but a vapor that appears for a little while, then vanishes away". Psalm 90:12 says "teach us to number our days" and Proverbs 27:1 says "do not boast about tomorrow".

I make lots of plans for tomorrow. Tomorrow I will start eating right, tomorrow I will workout, tomorrow I will begin my morning Bible study, tomorrow I will quit wasting so much time on such and such, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, oh the plans for tomorrow. But what am I doing with TODAY? Is what I'm doing today going to have lasting effects for the kingdom? Lasting effects on my children? Lasting effects on my soul?

We are stewards of so much more than just our money - we are stewards of our time and our talents as well. We will give an answer for all to the Lord God Almighty one day- everyone will. I want to stand before the Lord ready to give an account of how I have spent my time (really His time given to me) knowing I have given my all to be a good steward of God's blessings. Help us Lord to be strong and choose those things which are right and good.

Live like we're dying- Kris Allen
We gotta start
Looking at the hands of the time we've been given
This is all we got and we gotta start thinking
If every second counts on a clock that's ticking
Gotta live like we're dying

We only got 86,400 seconds in a day to
Turn it all around or to throw it all away
We gotta tell them that we love them
While we got the chance to say
Gotta live like we're dying

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite songs and scripture supports the words and reminds us that "only those things done for Christ will last" Thanks for this post. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this song! Thank you so much for this post and for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete