She Hath Done What She Could in the Home

Thursday, April 28, 2011

OOTD- Waiting Room Outfit

Well, did not plan to spend the day going from doc to doc, but my oldest took a super hard line drive in the palm of his glove last night and it needed attention. Yep, it's broken. Bummer. Out of the line up and soccer for several weeks. No piano either. He's not in super bad pain, but it's just a bummer that this happened. Two years ago he broke his other hand playing baseball when he got hit by the pitcher while batting.

I got this simple white shirt at the Gap for $5 - retail $54.50. I love that it's simple, but has some pattern. Even the sleeves are a different pattern from the rest of the shirt.

Shirt: Gap Jeans: Access Shoes:H&M Hasbeens
DSCN6521

Here is my new spring handbag tote! I was sooo happy to find these at Marshalls one day - it's a Baekgaard, the leather handbag sister company of Vera Bradley, owned by founder Barbara Bradley Baekgaard's husband. I had admired them in the handbag boutique here, but at $67, couldn't bite- this one was $12! In real life it's a Tiffany Blue with yellow trim - so happy and cheerful! Best of all it fits all my stuff well and has a slide pocket for my cell phone, which is a must for me in a purse.
DSCN6522

Eyelet and ruffle details on front
Pintuck on sleeves
And my buddy's OOTD- orange cast for his Giants team!

19 comments:

  1. peggy, i LOVE this shirt. i have a thing lately for white tops--so crisp and fresh. the detailing is fabulous. and that bag. seriously, everything. you look awesome. sorry about your son. what a HUGE bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor guy:( I hope it heals quickly!

    I love your top (and shoes:)! The details are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your son's hand. Poor guy! :(

    Howver, lovin' your outfit. Great embellishments in this blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Gap blouse. The details are too precious. So sorry to hear about your little man! What a major bummer. He sounds like a stud though, getting hit by a pitcher one year...breaking a hand the next going for a catch?! Happy healling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Love your shoes! Hope your son feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, poor little guy! I hope he heals up quickly!

    That tote is so cute. The color is just perfect for spring and it's a great size. Another great sale find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, poor kid! That has got to be disappointing.

    I love that top on you! I saw it online in the green and loved it but the reviews were so poor and we didn't have it in our store for me to check out. Also - totes adorbs new bag! (I am not a Vera Bradley printed fabric kind of gal - but the other line I will have to check out!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, what a bummer about the hand! :(

    Love that white top! How perfect for spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is one of my favorite outfits on you! Love the chic ponytail, too! And that purse is gorgeous!!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. OUCH!! Hope he heals quickly and is practicing piano again soon. :) Love the orange cast. YOUR top was cute. The details make it seem more special than "a white top". KWIM? Loving the shoe. What will you wear with them tomorrow? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Taylor- I know I can't decide if I like Vera or if it's too granny? A fine line between granny and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Brittney! I love layering and accessories, but I'm finding through blogging, when I look back, many times I like my simplest outfits best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha - Susan, you ask the question correctly! Now I am dressing to my shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks ladies for all the well wishes for our son! He is a trooper. My husband told him that he can just concentrate on other things for a while! Like schoolwork!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh No! That is such a bummer. I am going to be such a nut job when that stuff starts happening to my boys. Sigh. But on the other hand, you do look so cute! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. okay first I love that son's cast is the same color as his shirt!
    Great find on the shirt and the bag
    I am loving the colors of that bag!!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, so sorry to hear about your son's arm! That is a bummer for sure, especially at the beginnig of the summer. Of course it could be worse: when I read the first part I thought you meant he broke his nose! I couldn't figure out why that would affect his piano playing....a blonde blogger moment, no doubt. ;-)
    I love your outfit--the simplicity of it, along with the pop of the awesome Hasbeens is great! Also love your new bag....very cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poor guy! Hope his hand gets better soon.

    Love the detailing on your new white shirt.

    ReplyDelete