She Hath Done What She Could in the Home

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Exercise - A new topic at my blog! Part 1

Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states. ~Carol Welch

A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs. ~Joan Welsh


I've been on my exercise and nutrition journey for 5 years now! It has been great! I have done many things during that time, but one thing remains constant, if I was working out regularly, I always felt better!

It all started during a visit from my parents - my twins were 3 at the time and I was still pretty roly-poly. Taking care of them and their older brother (17 months older) for the 3 years was all I could do! We drove by a Curves for Women and my Mom said "Have you checked that out? I've been wanting to try it." I had never heard of Curves or even noticed the gym. After my Mom left, I kept thinking about it, so I went to the gym one day and met the owners (a grandmother, her daughter and her granddaughter). They were delightful people and so I joined. The whole first week I threw up after every workout! I was so out of shape! I was doing worse than the 75 year old women I was exercising with at the gym! Stopping the sugar and adding in the exercise gave my body a major quick detox!

0 comments:

Post a Comment