She Hath Done What She Could in the Home

Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Bit of Baking Today!




Tomorrow is Sunday and with that brings church and the goodies offered to the kids:  Capri Sun, Cheetos, doughnuts, boxed cookies, chips, soda.  It's enough to make this nutrition lovin' mama go crazy!!  

I'm trying to make some healthier alternatives for my children so they can still have a snack during break time but not fill up on additives, preservatives, food colorings and sugar.  
I've been taking 100% real fruit juice boxes (not too crazy about these either, but for once a week it's better than the alternative).  

Tonight I made some whole wheat zucchini bread, homemade granola bars from Hillbilly Housewife and peanut butter granola.  I've tasted them all and they are yumm!  I used coconut oil in the zucchini bread and it's great!  

I think we are going in the right direction as I bought my kids a cookie at the mall tonight.  My 8 year old daughter said after eating it "I feel gross after eating that cookie.  I know there were many things in it that aren't good for you!"  Kids are smart - they know what makes them feel good and fuels their body and they know what makes them feel lethargic and bad. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment