She Hath Done What She Could in the Home

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Nutrition Resources that have helped me!


"The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth" by nutritionist Jonny Bowden is one of my favorite books.  It's easy to read, is very unbiased and he gives supporting information for everything he writes. I refer to it often. I was very surprised to find that in the whole book he only recommends 3 grains - oatmeal, quinoa and brown rice! No wheat! We are making the switch to lessen our grain intake and increase our vegetable intake. You will love using this book as a tool in eating healthier.

"The Anti-Inflammation Diet and Recipe Book" by Dr. Jessica Black has been very helpful in finding out which foods cause silent inflammation in the body.  She also is not a big advocate of wheat and says it's one of the biggest offenders in inflammation of the body.  She also speaks about dairy and sugar. Why should you be concerned about inflammation?  Here is a link to an excerpt from "The Zone Diet" doctor, Dr. Barry Sear's book "The Anti-Inflammation Zone".





We got "The Good Carb Cookbook" back when my husband did the South Beach Diet a few years ago.  It has so many healthy but easy recipes I turn to it often.  In fact, after buying this cookbook by Sandra Woodruff, I bought about four more of her books on Bookcloseouts very reasonable. (Currently, this book is available there for $5.99!)  She not only gives recipes, but gives a good deal of nutritional background at the beginning of the book.   Her background is a Registered Dietician. 

Stay tuned for another installment of books and resources that have helped me in my nutrition studies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment