She Hath Done What She Could in the Home

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Eating from the Pantry Update 2!

It's mid- February - 2 weeks to go!  My total for the month so far is $340 - which may sound like a lot to some, but it's waaaaay under my usual grocery budget.  I'm hoping that I keep on learning how to reduce my grocery bill and then I can apply the savings in that part of my budget to something else!  

I now have 3 $20 catalinas from the Safeway Rally, and $28 in cash left from my found money last week.  I hope to sell some other things to the consignment store again this week for a few more $$.  So, I'm thinking with almost $80 in free money I can make it to the end of February looking good! 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I too am trying to go way under my usual grocery spending but with deals like safeway we still have a stocked pantry!!! I do have a question did your safeway label the del monte dice tomatoes as part of the rally? Mine didn't but it is on the list on the internet so I have been nervous to buy them and lose my $20 coupon (before I have to!) I would love to stock up on diced tomatoes great for so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly - mine did label them - they had a tag. You can look online and see if it's labeled there and print it out and take it with you to the store. You could also ask ahead of time perhaps they would know at your store? I may do it one more time b/c I use them for chili, veggie soup, beef stew, many lentil soup recipes, mexican casseroles, on and on! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete