She Hath Done What She Could in the Home

Thursday, January 6, 2011

100 Miles in 1 Month update

Well, I have almost 25 miles under my belt so far! I won't lie- it hasn't been easy. Most days my legs feel like lead, but I just keep putting one foot in front of the other! Getting back into exercise is frustrating in some ways to me as 2.5 years ago I was in the best shape of my life. I was doing a rotation of Turbo Kick at the gym, Cathe Friedrich, P90X, running, Jari Love, The Firm, Supreme Pilates and yoga --and I was doing double days. I even won a Beachbody contest and Chalene Johnson came to my home!

After 3 babies in 1.5 years!
I was fit, strong and at my slimmest. Back in those days, the kids were smaller and homeschooling didn't take as much time so I had more time to workout. I had started eating right and working out, lost 40 pounds, but then I went to extremes. I tend to do that - I'm an OC personality - obsessive/compulsive, all or nothing, no balance gauge for me! (I'm working on that! Don't judge!) So even though I was fit, I still wasn't balanced, therefore, not good. I am sad however, that I felt life got too busy and I completely put fitness aside, and went from super fit to super flab! There has to be a happy medium!

This 100 mile challenge was the perfect place for me to start. Get me back doing SOMETHING. I am not checking the scale, I'm not measuring myself up to any beautiful magazine models, I'm just trying to get healthy, get my heart beating, feel my blood pumping and gain some energy. After this month, I hope to start adding back in some much needed strength training as well as continue the cardio. Thanks to MeggyD for such a great new year challenge!
And these are the extremes I go to teaching the baby class at church! "Oh be careful little eyes what you see....."

5 comments:

  1. I feel you on your frustration of seeing yourself slip away from healthy and fit to flabby! Though you still look really slim and trim to me, but you know your body better than anyone else. I was in great shape for the past 3 years. I could run miles and feel awesome, and now I huff and puff after climbing some stairs! Ugh! I definitely need to get back to being fit too. I wish you the best of luck in your strive to fit fitness back into your life! And I love those crazy glasses, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the feeling healthy I gained so serious weight during the holidays and have been running and trying to get back into shape. I really like to feel healthy and I try not to focus too much on the scale but more on how I feel!! I am so impressed with you and how much work you are putting into this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went from super-fit to super-flab too. Illness and hormones and grief and the busy life of a mother all contributed to it. I eat healthy meals and play with my children though and that's enough for me. I am genuinely happy being a little out of shape now.

    I congratulate you on making it closer to your goals though! I hope that your resolution sticks and that this time around you find balance with your health and fitness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ady- hormonal problems and adrenal fatigue contributed to mine too! We were also caring for ill and aging parents and I think that took a toll as well. It's all a journey isn't it! Thank you all for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comment!

    I have good genes and have no trouble being heavy (yet) but I am not in shape! I have bad eating habits and a low activity level since I am behind my computer screen more than not. I seriously admire how hard you have worked on this! I worked out for 1 year and felt better than I ever have (emtionally and physically) and somehow I let the habit die...shame on me. But go Peggy!! :)

    ReplyDelete